Assistant Accountant position is available for immediate start within Estate, Farming & Leisure Sectors.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Status: Full-time, permanent contract
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Salary: Circa £25,000 - £30,000 per annum / Negotiable depending on experience
Benefits: Pension and 28 holidays per annum
Please apply on line by clicking on the following link:
Mortonhall & Charterhall is a well-diversified privately-owned estate with its principal enterprises located in Berwickshire, Edinburgh, East Lothian & Northumberland. This role will be primarily based out of the estate office in Berwickshire. The location is in the countryside in between Coldstream, Duns, Greenlaw and Swinton.
Meadowhead Limited, one of the company’s run from the estate office operates a holiday parks leisure business with four stunning parks located in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Northumberland.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a medium sized, well-established and growing business, in a beautiful rural location. You will be part of a small and friendly team in the support office in what is a key and varied role, with scope for progression. We're looking for a positive and enthusiastic person to provide support and add value to the business. Appropriate training and study support will be offered where required.
The purpose of the role of Assistant Accountant is to provide day to day support to the Finance and Administration Manager. The Assistant Accountant will help drive forward Meadowhead Ltd (the “Company”) holiday parks leisure business and the diversified estate enterprises.
- Accurately processing sales invoices, purchase invoices and expenses.
- Posting daily receipts and payments.
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Processing month end payments and other payments as required.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors.
- Assisting with monthly payroll.
- Preparing and filing vat and other returns.
- Assisting with budgets.
- Preparing draft monthly management accounts.
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Preparing month end journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Liaising with auditors at year end.
- Assisting the finance department and senior management with various tasks and reports.
- Recommending new systems, processes and software.
- Other tasks as required.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick-up/recommend new software/IT solutions quickly.
- Knowledge of Farmplan or Xero accounting software may be advantageous.
- Qualified, qualified by experience, part-qualified or looking to undertake training.
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Driven, proactive and motivated.
- Flexible “can do” attitude and an excellent team player.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ideally holds a full and clean driving licence.