Mortonhall & Charterhall
Job Title: Estate and Property Administrator
Status: Full time, permanent contract
Reports to: Managing Director and Finance & Administration Manager
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Pension and 28 holidays per annum
• To assist in the management of a portfolio of properties (including residential & non-residential, agricultural, equine, masts, offices, sheds) and to meet statutory and contractual requirements.
• To develop your knowledge of procedures, compliance, legislation and contracts to a high standard.
• To work with the finance and administration manager to maintain a high level of performance, both at a personal and a team level.
• To use the tools provided by the company effectively and efficiently to enable maximum operational productivity.
• To deliver effective solutions.
• Report to property owners keeping them well briefed on the portfolio.
• To develop and maintain relationships within the wider Estate team to enhance both the workflow and communication.
• To provide a first point of contact for all tenant enquiries, queries and complaints, relating to lettings and maintenance.
• To deal with third party requests for information.
• To manage reported maintenance in accordance with procedures including agreement of costs, contractor instructions, authorisation and processing of payments.
• To deal with all insurance claims and related repairs.
• To liaise with the estate maintenance team, contractors, occupiers and other relevant parties to secure access and ensure a timely response to maintenance issues. To correspond with relevant parties and provide information updates.
• To arrange and oversee cyclical maintenance programs.
• To build a network of trusted and reliable contractors.
• To provide investment appraisals for property maintenance and refurbishments.
• To project manage refurbishments as required.
• Prior to marketing, ensure that the property is ready to let with all relevant compliance certificates in place.
• To manage health and safety checks, asbestos documentation, EPCs, fire risk assessments, gas safety, fire alarms and safety systems and EICR’s, Legionella risk assessments and accurately record information. To arrange related works if applicable.
• To provide regular compliance update reports.
• To prepare the move out documentation on receipt of notice.
• Managing works required in respect of dilapidations. If necessary, to obtain quotations for refurbishments.
• To review schedules of condition and liaise with tenants and deposit scheme with regards to potential deductions.
• Establishes right rental rate to attract tenants to properties by surveying comparable local rental rates.
• Advertise and market properties outlining advantages of location and services.
• Arranging and undertaking property viewings for potential tenants.
• Undertaking the referencing process of prospective tenants
• Ensures leases (including PRTs & SATs) meet both legislation and the needs of the company. Ensure that the process is managed and communicated with tenant.
• Manage collection and transferring of tenant deposit in line with regulations.
• To arrange move in details, including move in documentation, and check-in’s etc. Deal with any maintenance issues required prior to re-letting.
• Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and organising non-scheduled repairs.
• Ensure that rent is paid as per agreed terms and handle late payment in a timely manner reporting on any issues.
• Manage annual rent reviews of properties, reporting on recommendations and implementing agreed figures.
• Ensure the monthly rental run is carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
• To make arrangements for properties to be kept secure during void periods.
• To monitor letting activity, review strategy and make recommendations as required. To refer offers as appropriate.
• Manage utilities during void periods.
• To arrange annual residential inspections, biennial commercial inspections and regular inspection of vacant units and deal with matters arising if required.
• Dealing with evictions; when a tenant does not pay rent or otherwise breaches the terms of a lease, the property manager understands the proper way to file and move forward with eviction.
• To assist with key management. To complete ad hoc tasks as requested by line managers from time to time.
• Dealing with incoming mail and other administrative support to the team as appropriate.
• Assisting with preparation of annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintaining all records on the property management software and using full functionality to control tasks and keep records.
• Review of Property IT Systems making recommendations on property management software and systems to maximise efficiency.
• Management and maintenance of district heating Schemes (CMDHS, WFDHS & PFDHS) including maintenance, servicing, fuel management, heat meter readings, RHI, Biomass Suppliers List and Heat Networks Submissions and correspondence.
• Organise water and electric meter records and ongoing review with finance and administration manager.
• Manage and control rental income from mast sites.
• Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of laws and regulations regarding properties; including proper ways to screen a tenant; handle security deposits; terminate a lease; evict a tenant; comply with property safety standards.
• Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
• Ideally 5+ years’ experience in property management.
• Have completed the Registered Letting Agent qualification or be prepared to undertake the necessary training to gain the qualification.
• Strong interpersonal and organisation skills.
• Enhanced negotiation abilities.
• Driven, proactive and motivated.
• Proficient in computer programs, including Microsoft Office and any relevant property management software previously used.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Holds full and ideally clean driving licence.
Please apply using the below link: