Full-time Finance Assistant is required for immediate start within Estate Farming & Leisure Sectors.
Mortonhall and Charterhall is a well-diversified privately-owned estate geographically spread with its principal enterprises located in Berwickshire, Edinburgh, East Lothian & Northumberland. This role will be primarily based out of the estate office in Berwickshire.
Meadowhead Limited, one of the company’s run from the estate office operates a holiday parks leisure business with four stunning parks located in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Northumberland.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and growing business.
The purpose of the role of Finance Assistant is to provide day-to-day support to the Finance and Administration Manager in order that the full finance and compliance requirements are met. The Finace Assitant is responsible for the accurate and efficient implementation of the finance systems and processes. The Finace Assitant will help drive forward Meadowhead Ltd (the “Company”) holiday parks leisure business and the diversified estate enterprises.
· Upload and review of daily income reconciliations undertaken at company’s holiday parks.
· Upload and review of purchase invoices, ensuring coded accurately with appropriate authorisation.
· Processing of bank payments and receipts.
· Processing of expenses and petty cash.
· Debtors & creditors control, including weekly debtors report. Keeping relevant team members informed of outstanding sums and maintaining good credit control on all accounts.
· Monthly payment run and other payments as required. Including payments to HMRC.
· Quarterly VAT returns including partial exempt calculations.
· Preparing and submitting customer invoices. Including pitch fee and rates invoice instructions to parks.
· Filing of quarterly Machine Games Duty.
· Updating meter reading records and verification.
· Submitting quarterly PV Panel Readings.
· Monthly journals.
· Monthly hire van deposit reconciliation for parks.
· Caravan holiday home sales bookkeeping.
· Record keeping for Meadowhead and Catchelraw Trust contract farming accounts.
· Updating all contract farming agreements payment schedule for basic and divisible returns.
· Bank reconciliations.
· Banking when required.
· Month end sales and wages reporting.
· Preparing draft monthly management accounts for submission to Finance and Administration Manager for review and approval.
· Assisting with production of year end accounts, working papers and audit queries.
· Assisting with administration of payroll and the payment of wages and salaries. Including annual leave and other absence from the workplace when required using HR software.
· Filing of records and archiving.
· Producing analysis reports when required. Including for annual bank review meeting and bi-annual board meetings.
· Assisting with insurance renewals and claims. Including dealing with travel and health insurance.
· Ensuring PCI compliance.
· Assisting with GDPR tasks and compliance.
· Completion of National Statistics Surveys and other similar forms.
· Dealing with family telephone accounts.
· Weekly backups of accounting software.
· Attendance at any training courses or events which the company regard as relevant to the performance of your duties.
· Maintaining workstation in a tidy order.
· Any other duties that may reasonably be requested of you.
· Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
· Knowledge of Farmplan or Xero accounting software may be advantageous.
· Articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
· Driven, proactive and motivated.
· Flexible “can do” attitude and an excellent team player.
· Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ideally holds a full and clean driving licence.